Thursday, August 25, 2005

Viva la puebla de sin! Part Dos


Well now, kiddies, day 2 of my trip started off with breakfast at 5pm.  That's right, let that soak in.  After that long 1st night, you can understand.  My breakfast: 2 corn dogs, fries, and a coke!  Thanks Weinerschnitzel.
Immediately thereafter, Butch and Ivan proclaimed that their goal was to get drunk.  We went next door and Butch got a half-yard margarita and Ivan got some mexican beer.  Outside the Cantina, they had an Elvis impersonator doing advertising.  He had really awful teeth and didn't sing very well.  We did get him to sing "Can't Help Falling in Love", so good-times.
After that we hopped on the monorail.  We passed by the Las Vegas Convention Center which was GI-normous.  It puts ours to shame in size but, without me working there, clearly not in service.  We ended up staying on the monorail all the way to the end, around the Stratosphere, but we had no desire to go there.  So we stayed on and rode back the Caesars Palace stop.  We entered Caesars to look for a poker room but ended up at the bar.  It was a Pizza Bar.  You'd think they know me!  They had no poker room at Caesars though, so we left. 
We walked across to Bally's where they had both a poker room and monorail station.  We took the monorail back to our hotel.  We played some slots which, of course, was pointless.  You couldn't even pull the handles!  How lame.  After that we went back to the room to re-group.
Then we went down to the Cafe in our hotel.  Butch and I shared a pizza and Ivan had his first, and probably last, bloody mary.  After our meal, Butch went off to Studio 54 again and me and Ivan went to try our hands at poker.
I got into a game quickly which was a surprise.  I sat down at the 1-2 No-Limit table with $50 worth of chips.  Most people bought-in for $200, which was the max, and I could tell that I was gonna be short stacked.  On the second hand, I folded what would have been trip 6s or fish-hooks as they are known.  I managed to win a few hands within the first hour and a half and even busted some guy.  I also picked up on some things.  You gotta (well, don't gotta) tip the dealer after you win a hand.  I guess to say thanks for the cards.  He didn't even shuffle them though, a computer inside the table did.  Oh well, I tipped anyway. 
Once my nerves died down, I started to feel comfortable.  I was sitting next to Mr. Sarcastic and I swear he was dryer than Chevy Chase after you'd killed his mother.  He was cool though.  I got the sense people were trying to read me but what they didn't know is I don't know what I'm doing. 
Then came a hand that proved it. 
I had top pair after the flop, so I raised a good chunk of my money, which was up to about $120 at this point.  1 dude called and the turn was a small card.  So I raised $50 bucks to scare the dude out.  He thought about it and called.  The river came with no pairs on the board, no flush draw, no straight draw, and the dude hadn't bet like he had pocket pair.  We either checked or bet very small and out came the cards.  Me with my top pair and the bastard had two pair, like 7s and 4s or something.  I lose $90 and all respect I had for myself.
I had about $30 and went all-in on the next good hand I got which was a long time away.  I got busted and had to make a decision.  Buy-in again for $50 and possibly lose all I had agreed to gamble or go away.  I looked over and Ivan was still playing.  It was only 1am, so I said, "Fuck it," and bought-in again for $50.  I had some okay hands but mostly did a lot of folding.  I went all-in a couple times that paid off but not for large money. 
There was one hand where I got pocket 5s and a 5 came on the flop.  I looked up after I raised and I saw a dude staring right at me.  I did the first thing that came to my mind and smiled real big and lifted my eyebrows.  This guy was trying to read me but I was giving him "crazy".  He called and so did the dude that I busted ealier.  The turn was inconsequential so I raised again.  The dude folded.  The dude I busted called to see the river.  It came.  Nothing could beat me.  The dude I busted ask me if I had the 5s and I just smiled and said, "I might... or maybe I'm just crazy!"  He thought about it and then folded showing he had the last 5.  They wanted me to show my hand but I didn't, I was too busy picking up my chips.
I made a bad play with a pair of 4s (sailboats) later and got knocked down pretty bad.  I later went all-in with Queen-9 suited after the flop came Ace, King, 6.  I had 2 chances to hit the 10 or it was over.
Turn: 3
River: 2
The dude I busted, who was loud, obnoxious, and drunk, busted me.  $100, muah and good-bye. 
Afterwards, I met up with Ivan who cashed out even with $60.  We went back up to the room and Butch came in soon after.  Apparently, Butch had been dancing with some girls at Studio 54.  He gave them VIP passes to Tabu (the ultra-lounge in the MGM Grand) for Sunday night and brought back enough for us as well.  Plans for Sunday: Made.
Also, apparently while Butch was dancing with these girls, he got hit on, and a drink, from a guy.  I just laughed.  Then it was sleepy-time at about 3:30am and I got my own bed.  More to come, kids!
Check out my pics at: http://photobucket.com/albums/a30/psychodan13/

No comments:

Post a Comment