Monday, August 15, 2005

End of my season


Yep, kiddies, my softball season officially ended tonight.  We played fairly well but we lost.  Even though it was my last game there was no fanfare, no postgame celebration.  It was kind of sad. 
Anyway, here are my season totals:
.423 batting average-which is okay but could be higher
.482 on-base percentage-only cause I got 3 walks
3 RBI(runs batted in)-I blew some big opportunities to drive in runs but there weren't that many cause we suck.
1 2B(double)-I stole this one with my speed.  Yeehaw.
11 R(runs scored)-This is pretty damned good considering I only played 9 games and I was hitting in the middle to the end of the line-up.
3 K(strikeouts)-Hitting a slowly pitched softball is harder than it looks.  Sometimes it just comes down to your head and that's why all 3 of these are here.
The season still has one game left but I won't be playing because I'll be in another state next Monday. 
"What state," you ask. 
Nevada. 
"What city?" 
Las Vegas.
This isn't the end of my softball career.  I'm not sure what days I'll have available to play till I get my school schedule set, which may not be till after it starts.  All and all this wasn't a bad season for me personally.  I didn't do as well as I'd hoped at the plate or in the outfield.  It's been a while since I've played in a Men's Only league so I'll chalk it up to rust.  I impressed at first-base though (well, I am a good kisser, ahh jokes).  Until next season, kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment