Sunday, August 7, 2005

Now I've gone and done it...


I started playing poker online. 
Luckily, I only play with fake money, so fear not, my kiddies.  I got really bored while my sister was having a pool "party", so I went and found pokerroom.com, signed up (as 4-Card-Str8) and the rest as they say is history.  
I had an okay first day.  You start with a free $1000 (fake).  I lost that a couple of times while I got the hang of their system.  You're only allowed to buy back twice in 24 hours but somehow I did it 3 times. 
3rd time was a charm.  I got my total up to $4900 with some solid play and some good cards.
Today, I went on in the early afternoon and I got demoralized down to $1900, $1000 at a time.  When you play at a table where someone or a lot of people have a couple thousand, to your one thousand, they kinda have you bent over a table.  I stopped for a while and ate lunch.  Getting your ass handed to you, even over the internet, sure works up an appetite.
I played again later cause I figure it's only play-money and I start to winnin'.  I started knocking people around like they were cardboard boxes in a hurricane (so-so analogy).  I got to about 8 grand and then I get a doozy of a hand.  2/3 off-suit.  I know what you're thinking, "2/3?!  This guys a mo-ron."  If only you knew...
I had 8 grand and it only cost me 10 bucks to see the flop and BAM!  Ace/4/5.  I nearly jumped.  That would've been a tell.  So I bet like 250.  Somebody raises to 500.  I call.  Everyone else folds.  Next card, inconsequential.  I bet 500.  He calls.  Next card, also inconsequential.  I bet $1000 and he calls.  This guy must've thought I was stupid.  He would've been right.  But for 10 bucks, I got to look at a winner.
I wish I could've seen his face.  Poor bastard.  I took the chip lead from him and maybe even broke him.  His spirit at least.  I asked him what he thought I had (cause you can chat as you play) and he said he thought I had a pair of Aces at best.  "You'd have to be an idiot to play a 2/3," he adds.
Well, ladies and gentleman, you're lookin' at one dumb bastard.  Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment