Sunday, July 17, 2005

Return of the Con


Well, kiddies, this will be my last Comic-Con post for 2005 as I am Con-ned out.
Saturday July 16th:  I started the morning off with the Superman Returnspanel.  Bryan Singer (X-MenUsual Suspects) was there to talk about the movie and he showed a clip reel from the film.  It looks pretty awesome and I like the new direction that it's taking.  The casting actually worked out pretty well too which was a surprise.  Bryan Singer was also a pretty funny guy and really a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.  So that was cool.
Next was the Aeon Flux panel.  I am neither a fan of the cartoon nor am I a fan of Charlize Theron, so I was just killing time.  She did come out in a kind of hot outfit and then they showed footage of her stretching which was pretty hot but I still can't get Reindeer Games out of my head.  Yuck.
Next up was a major highlight, the Kevin Smith panel.  He's a god, if not theGod.  I thought he talked a little too much about God but that's my taste.  He cursed at people and said he fucked their mothers, which, I know is false but funny every time.
After that, I got up and walked around.  I went over and visited my friend (thru Butch), Amanda, at the Disney booth.  She works in the toy marketing department for Disney, so they made her work the booth.  She seemed to be enjoying it anyhow, so that's cool for her.  I, however, was still perplexed as to the fact that I was on vacation at work.  She tried to sell me onNarnia but no matter how cute she is, I'm not buying kid actors, CGI talking animals, and mystical worlds outside of Middle Earth.  It was good-times none-the-less and it's always great to see a friendly face (when am I gonna see youagain?).
After that, I kind of came upon Seth Green.  I know that sounds really graphic and disturbing but that's not the way it went down.  It was romantic...  I kid, of course.  Actually he was signing stuff at some booth and there weren't many people around so I wanted to go tell him how much I loved Greg the Bunny.  I'm sure he (literally) doesn't hear that enough.  But he went to take a picture with some really fat Boba Fett (that's not nerd-speak for chubby chick) and I lost interest. 
Side Note:  Seth Green is tiny.  He's a Wee-man.  Seriously, like 5'3".  Could you imagine being that height and a redheaded man?  Gotta suck, if it weren't for the money and chicks.
Next I zipped off (not a masturbatory euphemism) to the Sony panel.  It featured Kate Beckinsale for Underworld: Evolution, (sneezing) Piece of shit, Jamie Foxx, Jessica Biel, Josh Lucas, and director Rob Cohen (bastard) for Stealth, (sneezing) Piece of shit, and finally Ghost Rider (sneezing) Hopefully not a piece of shit!  Nick Cage wasn't there but Eva Mendes was, and that's, alright, with me.  Growwlll...  The movie's directed by the guy who did Daredevil, so God help us.
Then there was the King Kong panel.  To say that it was highly anticipated would be an understatement.  They had a recording of Peter Jackson (who's dropped XXX number of pounds) and an unfinished fight sequence between King Kong and 2 T-Rexes (plural).  It looks awesome.  Adrien Brody, Naomi Watts, and Jack Black came out and answered questions but it was clear what everyone was waiting for...
Tenacious D to rock our fucking socks off!!!  Which they did, for those playing at home.  They played an awesome set of new songs and old D-standards (my personal favorite being, "Fuck Her Gently").  There was comedy and there was fast acoustic-Rock and I was a happy boy.  No other words for it.
Nextward, Corey and I met up with Butch and went to Hooters (again).  We had a different waitress which was kind of a bummer.  They had a pregnant waitress, which is odd.  We got Zuzana from Slovakia.  I think she was sweet on me.  It's probably an Eastern European thing. 
Odd Side Note:  They charged me extra for cheese, on a grilled cheese sandwich.  Weird.
After that, I went back to the Convention Center and ran into my friend, Perla, who was working.  Turns out it was her last day so I missed Spike and Mike's Twisted Animation Festival (again). 
Then I went to the Hyatt and watched This is Spinal Tap.  Classic good-times! 
Now I am home, kiddies.  The Con is over for this year.  The future is uncertain as it may be moving to Anaheim or Las Vegas next year (insider information).  That could be a bummer or excellent depending on which of the two but until then, kiddies, I am tired.  Oh... Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment