Saturday, July 23, 2005

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a ringer.


Tonight was the first poker: home edition.  I played fairly lousy with a few minor exceptions. 
I bluffed a hand and won for the first time.  I'd take you through that hand but I can't remember what it was.  I had nothing and bet 4 bucks and everybody folded, so I won a good chunk of change.  A modest pot really.
I think I have found a poker nickname.  Four-Card-Straight.  Everytime I play, without fail, there comes a hand where I think I have a straight but it turns out it's only four cards instead of five.  I'll have 8,9,10,Jack or 2,3,4,5.  I'll throw that down after thinking it over (for a while) and deciding I've already got them beat.  "Bam!  Whoops.  Shit!"  This again goes back to the fact that I don't count well.  You'd think 22 years in I'd have that down by now.  Uh-uh.
I'd have to say the highlight of the night was the SuperStar from Carl's Jr. and the Krispy Kremes I ate prior to and during the game.  That's not saying much for my card skills.
In the end, I walked away down 6 bucks.  It's not that bad considering I had to buy back in once and I couldn't get any cards ever. 
The big winner (literally) of the night was Joanna (she's 6'1").  She walked off with 45 bucks.  She supposedly wasn't that good but she didn't play like it.  I think it's true that it's much harder to play against people who are new to the game than those that are pros.  They're just unpredictable.
That and I suck.  Oh (tear), yeah (nose blow).

No comments:

Post a Comment