Tuesday, July 26, 2005

1st Annual Rick James Memorial Summer Jam


The following is copied from Butch's blog (http://www.butchrosser.net) and his sentiments are seconded by me, myself, and someone else but I forgot their name.
"I think disgust is too far an extreme of a word, given what happened.

But the term "extreme disappointment"? Well, I'll wave that around like a Hanzo sword against O-Ren.

The invites left here fine, but something must've happened when they hit the transmitter. Five people showed up, two of whom Aaron & I hadn't seen in 
years. (A special nod, bow, and pelvic thrust must be given to Diane at this point, who biked in). FIVE out of, I'd be fair in guessing, 30. I realize people have lives and daughters and jobs, and these things must be accounted for. But only one person gave advance notice on dodging out, one dropped 24 hours before, and another while it was happening. I'm not giving away anthrax, I'm throwing a party! I buy food, and some drink, and bring some tunes. You show up, you sing the songs, you eat the food, you drink the drink, and that's the end of it. You're not marrying me, you're not sleeping with me (though varying on who you are that option may make itself available ANYfuckingway), and I'm not asking you to find a low-carb cure for cancer.
JUST SHOW UP.
It's just unbelievably frustrating to go through all the effort of setting things up and clearing off a day to do this, and then to just be met with a tidal wave of near-complete apathy. And I take back the opening sentence, I am a little disgusted. People need to keep this sort of thing in mind when I don't return their DVDs promptly or borrow money or admit to dreaming about fingerfucking their sisters in the future. I'm sitting here with extra pounds of carne, full soda and beer cans alongside the mild stench of bile at the back of my throat; the crowning moment of the day was almost watching the Scrubs DVD.

It's hard not to just throw my hands up, say "Why bother?" and not do it anymore. But I think we all know someday, even if I went away, I'd just probably come back.

Tempting as it is at this moment to just explode the contacts side of the cell and start over fresh, I've decided to hold off.

Forgivenes is hard.

Forgetting's a near-impossibility.

You're so vain...you probably think this post is about you..."

Furthermore, I (Aaron) would like to say, "Big Ups and Respek," to those that 
didshow up.  You are instant cool like Peanut Butter and Jelly. 
Everyone else can kiss my big white ass!  I keeps it real.  Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment