Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Under Pressure

Hey, blogfans! After the success of my last blog, I decided to give this blog-thing one more shot. I kid because I'm great at it. Currently, though, I am pissed about certain people. Now, to my friends that may read this that are actors, I love you and keep at it. This isn't about you. So I'm working on this scene for my TV class. We've got 4 actors cast and we shoot on Wednesday. Unfortunately, because of the holiday, we're only getting one night to rehearse. That is bad for me as a director. I have confidence but I always want more. So that's a bummer. It is only furthered by the fact that we have to have our scripts lined and copied that night as well. See, it's gonna take us a while. Add to that, I have a 9am class the next morning. Add to that, I have a test in that class. So, it's all bummer street in my head cause I hate having this much crap on my plate at once. Wait, it gets worse. Our actress, who has already put a lot of time parameters on our rehearsal, insists she "has to" go to her class on Wednesday, during our shoot time! Had I known this, I would have cast somebody else. She knew her schedule ahead of time and could have said something. We've tried to switch shoot times with somebody, to no avail. So already, we've got the prospect of her not being there for the first hour of our shoot. Wait, it gets worse. One of our actors found out that he has a test in his class during our shoot time! Aye Carumba. This seems to have been less planned (i.e. not on his syllabus). Shit. So now we have to get stand-ins to come to rehearsal, learn all the moves, show up for the taping, and do the moves for the camera people to see till the real actors show up. Fuck. It's hard enough to get your show done when things are going right. The part that pisses me off most is the actress. We've jumped through hoops for this girl. We changed rehearsal times and locations and this is what we get. If you have a class, during shoot time, just say no to the project all together. No harm, no foul. It's too late to re-cast, which is what I'd really like to do. We had a chance last week when she put up the first hoop. And I know an actress who can do comedy (which I don't know about this girl) and she would have been available during our shoot time. So I'm frustrated. I just think it's been unprofessional on her end. Once you commit, you're in and you're in all the way. Sure, you're doing us a favor but so are we, in a sense, cause you're getting exposure. But you gotta be a team player or get out, before it's too late. And it's gonna hurt her. Know why? 'Cause she's difficult. No matter how good an actress she is, she's difficult. If someone asks me, "What's she like to work with?" Know what I'm gonna say? She's ********* (answer at the bottom). It's kinda like this past Friday. I had promised to help my buddy, Colin, out on his film shoot. Friday came around and I really could have used a day to relax and put my leg up (see previous blogs). But I committed to doing it. I may be an amateur (I don't get paid) but I'm a professional (I stick to my committments). I know now that if I ever need help shooting, Colin's gonna be there 'cause I scratched his back (not literally, he did massage my shoulders which I thought was weird yet soothing). That's how this business works. I hope that this actress finds that out while she still can. Until then, kiddies, don't be difficult. ;-P Pbbbbth! Answer to Word-Puzzle: difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment