Thursday, December 1, 2005

Woy, Yoy...


I am stuffed.  Sorry, kids, I just had carne asada fries for the first time in a long time, so I'm a little slow.  Also, I started feeling light-headed a few hours ago.  But like a trooper, I will press on.
Update to the previous blog: We had our rehearsal and the damnedest thing happened, the actress whose character I questioned was really damn good.  Fuck.  Well, now I feel bad.  She's also cuter than I remembered which makes it worse. 
Our shoot went okay.  We only needed one stand-in because, to my surprise, the actress skipped her class.  We did everything we could till our last actor showed up and fortunately we never had to stand around and wait.  We even got to do an extra rehearsal.  Jamie and I then moved into the control booth to do a full camera rehearsal.  It was absolutely dreadful.  I've never said, "Whoops" or "Where the hell are we" that many times before.  I burst out of the control room to give an actor some small direction and asked all who could hear me, "Ritual Suicide, Anyone...?"  So needless to say, confidence was high!  Not. 
So we prepare to tape and it someway, somehow goes surprisingly well.  I hit most of my shots and didn't get lost in the script.  There were some major audio problems though.  One of the mics was faulty.  I could've cut at the first sign of problems but I pushed forward.  Hopefully, that wasn't costly.  We did another take with no mic problems and that also went pretty well.  I was getting better.  But due to the assignment, Jamie had to direct.  Jamie is perfectly capable of it but I was on a roll and no one wants to break that. 
So we switch.  She's a rusty director and I'm an awful assistant director.  But we didn't re-do the whole scene which I thought was wise and would get more "bang" in a short time.  We'll see if I was right when we see the footage.  I think we got the show in the end.  I hope.
Goddamn, I'm full.  Remind me to never... oh fuck that. 
Quick Poll, Blogfans:  Should I go to my job's Christmas party?  I have a suit.  I won't like the food.  I don't drink.  And I won't dance.  And I don't have a date, unless, there are any takers out there??? 
I'll show YOU my O-Face! ;-P  Pbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment