Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Hallow, baby...


Hey, kids!  Yesterday was Halloween which is one of my favorite holidays.  So needless to say, I went way overboard on my Indiana Jones costume.  But here for your reading pleasure is what I did with that extravagance.
Saturday Night- The Gaslamp:I got off work at 10:30 and changed into my costume.  I called up Butch to see where he was and he sounded as though he had definitely been enjoying himself (glub glub).  As I walked down 5th Ave, a guy yelled, "Indiana Jones" at me.  To which I replied by looking around and asking, "Where?!  Holy Shit!"  I'm a bit of a smart ass.  So I meet up with Butch in his awesome Rick James costume (which draws all the attention and rightfully so).  We head over to Henry's Pub.  There's a big ass line.  My sister and two of her friends meet up with us and they're even more impatient than I am.  So me and the girls head over to The Field and Butch says he'll meet us there later.
So we get to The Field, at it's pretty packed too, at least around the bar (duh!).  I stand and wait for the girls to get their drinks and some dude ,which I later realized was, dressed as Tinkerbell verbally admires my costume.  It could've been worse, he could have orally admired my costume which I believe would have caused damage to the leather.  Anyway, we go upstairs and find it's pretty quiet and I drink my water (yes, water) and look out the window at people on the street.  I gotta say I'm very unimpressed with people who make little costume effort.  That is, people who buy costumes at Party City that have been out for 4 years.  The Purple Pimp suit for example.
Anyway, Butch eventually shows up and he looks stunned.  I guess he ran into this girl he was dating earlier this year and she apologized for being a crazy bitch and gave him her number again.  A gesture to which I thought, "Eh, well maybe she's changed.  It's worth a shot to talk to her."  But oh well, it's not my call, so Butch was left to over-think it.  At some point, my sister points out that her friend, Natalie, looks like Phoebe Cates.  I hadn't realized it but now that I had, I was in love.  You see, Phoebe Cates is still the quintessential natural beauty that I strive to find for myself in my romantic life. 
Later on, in conversation, Natalie mentions that she thinks Bam Marjera is cute, which I've heard before, and I'm like, "Whuh???"  Skaters need to cut their hair and get real jobs, period.  Dum-basses.
At about 1:30, we leave downtown and go get Jack in the Box.  While I'm ordering the dude working is constantly interrupting me to ask what size combo I want.  So I say, "Jeez, this guy sure is a fixated on size!"  I realize that that could have resulted in a ass-wiping with my ciabatta but luckily that didn't happen.  The dude actually looked a lot like Geraldo, which is ironic I think.
Monday- SchoolI wake up for my 9am class and put on my costume.  I get to school and out of about 10,000 students, there's a half-dozen people dressed up.  And me.  Their lack of spirit saddens me.  I leave class early and go home.  On my way to my car, this sweet little blonde girl is staring at me and with the sweetest high voice she says, "Indiana!"  I thank her for recognizeing my effort and go home to a nap.
I wake up to a heat-wave.  Jesus, where did that come from?!
I get into my costume again and go back for my 5:45pm class.  My hippie liberal douche professor, who encouraged us to dress up, isn't in costume.  Unless, of course, he was dressed as a hippie liberal douche, then he looked fabulous!  I sit through a pretty good movie (Cat People(1942), check it out) and then head off into the night.
Monday- P.B.I go to the Tavern to meet up with my friend, Merilynn.  There's a massive line, which ends up taking me an hour to negotiate.  I stay for about an hour and revell in peoples' drunkeness.  Everybody looked great though and it was good to see some girls from high school.  They really dug my costume becauseit was pretty awesome...
After that, I went back down to the southdown and met up with some old friends dressed as Oompa Loompas.  It was good-time-reminiscing as usual.
The End.
To see the photos goto:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a30/psychodan13/

No comments:

Post a Comment