Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Don't Call It A Countdown

I have officially been single (or at least not in a relationship) for 5 years today. I only remembered because somebody mentioned the date and the anniversary of Pearl Harbor (the attack not the movie, though the movie could be seen as an attack of sorts). Yes, it was 5 years ago today I was dumped, on the phone no-less. The time has not been entirely lonely. I've had girls float in and (almost immediately) out of my life. Nothing ever amounted to a relationship in that time. Something always got in the way. Boyfriends, first and foremost. Then there was the lying whore that broke my heart last summer. Oh, she was a beaut. She's getting married by the way. In case you're wondering, this really isn't an emo blog for me. I'm not necessarily happy at the time that's passed but I think I've been somewhat fortunate, in that, I haven't gotten into anything that wasn't right for me. I've managed to avoid some hazards. "Blind luck," I guess. I guess what it boils down to is that I haven't dated or accepted just anyone. I've got my standards. And as high as they might be (or who might fit them), I've stuck to them because I think they make you who you are. So I'll continue to be single, or unspoken for, or whatever till the right girl comes into the picture. It's kind of like a camera pointed in one direction and hopefully she'll walk up into the frame and be like, "Hi! My name is _____. What are you filming?" "Funny you should ask..."

No comments:

Post a Comment