Friday, April 14, 2006

Humm-to-do


So, wow, I've had some free time for the first time in a while.  It's kinda nice and kinda weird.  I almost feel like there's something I ought to be doing.
But what if the thing I ought to be doing is nothing?

Yes, I have considered this.  But it's probably wrong.  I'm directing a short film in a few weeks so there's bound to be something I can do.  The movie is about a guy with tourette syndrome who goes to confession for the first time.  I didn't write it but I gotta figure out a way to make it real and make it my own.  I also want to make sure that people aren't just laughing cause some dude said, "Fuck" on screen.  That part will be tough.

Really the toughest part will be the location.  We need a church who will be good enough to let us curse in their vicinity.  I'm not much on churches so I'm relying a bit on my producer for that.  We'll probably get the film commission involved too.  Help is always welcome.

Aside from that, this semester is just kind of going by.  I still don't really feel connected to it at all.  I'm guessing it's the trusty senioritis as it appeared in high school.  The problem is that this is when I need enthusiasm the most.  If I want to make something really good, it has to be now (or next semester, or possibly this summer).  It doesn't even begin to compare to some peoples' problems but it's what I'm dealing with.

So that's where I'm at.  If Julius Caesar were judging my life right now, I'm guessing his thumb would be slightly more up than down.  That's good, right?  Yep, sure, why not...

P.S.  It's raining again.  What the Fuck?!

No comments:

Post a Comment