Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Bad-Times...


So, kids, this past weekend has been too tiring and it has spilled over into today. 
For a brief history lesson, this is what I did on the weekend:
Friday: Worked 2-10:30pm.  11:00pm- 5am I helped out on a film shoot for One Productions (CBC and Colin, who are good-times, they're on my friends list, check 'em out). 
Saturday: Woke up at 11.  Worked 2-10:30.  Went with Butch to Cecilia's house and hung out till 2am.  Wait, it's "daylight savings," so it's 3 am.  Shit!  I have to be awake at 6am to shoot my movie!  Fell asleep at 4am.
Sunday: Alarm went off at 6am (I think).  Woke up at 7:23am.  Shit!  Got to set at 9:15.  Camera blows.  Got a new one.  Shot movie from Noon-Midnight.  Fell asleep at 2am.
3 days, total hours of sleep:  8 and a half.  Not good.
So here it is Monday and I have to be on campus 11am, so I manage 6 hours of sleep but it feels like 3.  I get there expecting to be able to get time in the computer lab to edit for a friend.  No dice.  Bummer #1.
4 days, total hours of sleep: 15 and a half.  Bad stuff.
Luckily, I brought my laptop.  It'll take longer (as laptops are slower) but I can still get it done.  I need a cable.  Got one.  Wrong one.  Check-out closed.  Fuck!  Got the cable in my car.  Get it, use it, but still don't finish on-time.  We figure out some plan of action and my friend drives back to L.A.
Now I need to start editing the film we shot on Sunday.  Go to the computer lab.  Get access.  No workie.  Fuckin' technology.  Computer starts to work.  Need another cable.  Already checked out.  Outta time anyway.  Got to see the footage though and it looks great.  Good-times, somewhat.
Go to class.  Get bored.  People pitch final project ideas.  I don't have one cause no sleepie.  One is really great.  Doesn't get picked.  Unfunny movie gets picked though.  No good.
I go to Butch's to help him with a video.  Record quality material.  Computer won't let me edit it.  Add to that, my VCR didn't tape 24.  Fuckin' technology bullshit.   Really had my number today.  Try again tomorrow. 
Remind me again why I do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment