Friday, April 21, 2006

Health Liberation


Well, I've gone and done it, kids.  I went and got my first cold of 2006.  It happened on Thursday.  I woke up with a slightly sore throat that slowly got worse.  It was a bummer too because I had to write my final in-class essay in my graduating writing class.  I think I did well, which means I'll get screwed into a lower grade.  You can't argue with science.
I was doing okay throughout the essay but when I got to my cinematography class, the cold hit me like a 8-ton truck.  I broke out into a really high fever and my throat felt like it swelled shut.  And then of course there was the sick taste.  You know, the sick taste?  It's that unchaseable flavor of death in your mouth.  It was so bad, I don't think Paris Hilton would've made out with me and that's saying a lot.  That girl'd make out with a tractor if she thought it matched her purse.
I stuck around my class for about 3 hours but I split after helping load and thread the camera (which is a difficult and important job).  I went home and went immediately to bed, in hopes that I could sleep it off.  Not so.  Around midnight, I woke up and helped myself to some Cold medicine and some food (I was hungry).  That seemed to help pretty well.  I tried to go to sleep again at 2am but that was still difficult.  I played a little Tetris to help ease the process.  I still probably conked out at about 3am.
I woke up this morning knowing that I had to go to work no matter how I felt.  See, at my work you can call-off once every 30 days but I already used mine about two weeks ago (only 14 days, math majors).  I took plenty of meds and got through work pretty easily.  I didn't do much but hey, I was there.
I am feeling better at the moment but I am under the influence of Advil Cold & Sinus.  Hopefully, I'll progress back to complete health as quickly as I got sick.
I know there are probably those of you who find it rather ironic that I get sick following my "I wore shorts!" blog. 
To those folks I say, "I don't love you anymore!"
Side Rant:  This whole being sick thing has reminded me that once again I, Aaron the magnificent, have beaten the flu for the 23rd year in a row.  I have never once had a flu shot and I have never once had the flu.  So there!  *gives the fungul*
Well, kids, that concludes this blog.  I hope you've enjoyed it.  I know I have.  And, I love you again.    :-P  Pbbbbbbbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment