Sunday, July 8, 2007

It's Like The Noon Of Night


Hey, kids!  There's a bunch of stuff that I left out of my last blog that I thought of since then and now I will bring that to you.  Also in response to those who said I need TiVo or DVR, I say, "DUH!!!"  But it's not happening, so I shall rant onward.  Anyone not knowing what blog I'm referring to, look it up!  Here goes:

-The Eric Prydz video.  If ya'll haven't seen the video for "Call On Me," shame on you.  You can find it in My Videos, under my favorites.  I have loved this video for a long time but Jamaal re-brought it up and I feel I should speak on it.  It has all the elements.  A catchy, hook-heavy tune, hot chicks, spandex, good camera work, it pushes the boundries of decency, and it's edited better than most movies.  The editing seriously impresses me more than anything (and there are chicks girating!).  It is beyond spectacular.  It should be taught in schools (*ahem*, Durbin!).  It keeps it moving without necessarily cutting on the beat.  It slows down appropriately at one point and then gets back to business.  It's the kind of thing that I think I'm able to do as an editor.  I feel the music or the scene and I cut it that way.  I don't know why but it's easy to me.  The only problem is: I don't want to be an editor.  I don't enjoy sitting in front of a monitor for too long.  Even long blogs are a chore to me.  For further examples, see my unfinished feature screenplay.  But enough about me, this video's GREAT.  Eat it, Walter Murch!

-Who's Now?  On ESPN, they have this countdown or tournament thing to see who's the most now athlete.  That means that they not only have to be good at their sport, but they also have to go to parties and shit.  I think this is all nonsense.  Like, you get upgraded for being in the tabloids?!  Is this really what we want our kids to emulate?  But too much attention is paid to children so I will just say that I think that this list of Who's Now is even LESS relevant than theEspy Awards.  Fuck it, show games, damn youse!!!

-The World Series Of Pop Culture.  It just premiered tonight on VH1 (who obviously doesn't show videos anymore, except between 3 and 6am).  Man, could I put a savage hurtin' on this competition.  I got all this worthless nonsense in my head that could be worth $250,000.  That could almost buy me a girlfriend!  Last year Butch and I were kicking ourselves for not knowing about this tournament until it aired (but seriously, who actually reads Entertainment Weekly?) and we've done a good deal of brainstorming about who our 3rd team member would be.  Well we've found her in Victoria.  Now all we need is to agree on a name and then we can figure out how to divide 250K 3-ways...  Huzzah!

-Wendy's ads.  Seriously, what the fuck?!  I'm all for randomness but you guys have left the planet Earth.

-Chris Berman.  The MLB All-Star Homerun Derby is tomorrow night and that invariably means ESPN will be rolling Chris Berman out of the "Things that haven't been entertaining since 1997" cuckoo house.  Every year, they have him calling the homeruns with his signature oral suppository of "Back, back, back, back, back..." and his lame-ass player nicknames.  Albert "Winnie the Poo"-jols?!  It's like an unfunny Matt Foley sketch from SNL (which were hilarious) because he's fat and sweaty and nobody likes him.  Sorry, Chris.  Get a new schtick, buddy.
So I think that's about it, but I'm sure it isn't.  As always, more to come, my children.  :-P  Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment