Thursday, June 7, 2007

An Ode To Kiefer


Hey, kids!  I realize that I've been somewhat out of commission since the last blog.  There are two reasons for this:
1. I had a cold.  It was a head cold that savagely attacked my sinuses and my throat.  It made thinking largely impossible, and I generally try to do that when I write.
2.  I was chest-deep in a 24 fest.
24 is, by far, one of the greatest TV shows ever and if you haven't seen it, I guarantee you should.  You will like.  Is niiiiiiiice.  Circuit City had a sale on Seasons 1 thru 5 for $21 each.  Needless to say, being the DVD addict that I am and combining that with my 24 addiction on the "snail TV", this sale was extremely hard to pass up.
I should also mention here that I hadn't seen Seasons 1 thru 4.  Gerry got me started with the Season 5 (or Day 5) premier.
So I went down and bought those DVDs the fuck up.  I know what you're thinking, "Aaron, why didn't you just watch them on the internet?  Or download them?  Or rent them via Netflix or Blockbuster?"
To which I say, "NO QUESTIONS!!!"
And then I politely explain my policy of: If it's worth watching, it's worth owning.  For examples: See my ScrubsSeinfeldMr. BeanBenny Hill,  and Monty Python's Flying Circus DVD collections.  Keep in mind that I haven't even watched much of the latter 4 collections, yet.
24 is just different.  If you've watched, you know that the addiction is something fierce.  Each episode carries into another, storylines cross over, and climaxes remain unresolved from show to show.  It's like the old potato chip ads: You canwatch just one.  And going into this, KieferFest, I knew what conditions certain relationships were in, who was alive (and who wasn't), and yet, I still couldn't wait to see how it all got there.  It's much like the "new trilogy" of Star Wars films (Episodes I, II, and III).  Ignoring the fact they those sucked so hard, you still couldn't help the desire to see how things got to Luke and Leia and Han (if you're any kind of man at all).
Now, could I have been out searching for a job?  Yes, but shut up.  Could I have been out making movies?  Yes, but shut up.  Could I have been outside, enjoying the sunshine or the beach?  Man, you really don't know me at all.  Yes, now shut up.
Obviously the cold had some effect on my answers to the above questions but in the end, I can only say that for the most insanely rabid reasons, I chose 24instead.  It's just too good.  Jack Bauer is my hero.  Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland (seriously, that's his full name) is my homeboy. 
Anyone got a problem with that can see me in my office.
"Why?"
'Cause you're fuckin' fired.  :-P  Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment