Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thar She Blows!

Hey, kids!  So in an effort to show that weathermen don't know shit about fuck, Mother Nature decided to throw a wicked curveball at my modest San Diego home.

See, the weather "forecasters" all predicted rain for today.

What did we get?

WIND.  Strong motherfuckin' WIND.

This shit is no joke.  It's not a hurricane (Denzel's not here), it's not a tropical depression (I mean, have you ever really seen an unhappy Jamaican?), and it's not the perfect storm ('cause I would have fallen asleep already).

But it's pretty fuckin' strong WIND.  So strong that it took the umbrella to our table in the backyard and dropped it 6 feet away.  Luckily, it didn't land in the pool but the damage is worse.  Not only did the wind pick up the umbrella, it did a fair amount of bending along the way thus breaking the glass table that had surrounded it and the glass candle holders that were sitting on said table.  It's a horrible mess.

Though I had planned to get up and do stuff today, it's pretty good that I hadn't thus far, otherwise this WIND meets glass cage match would have happened and the dogs would've been free to roam and frolic on shattered glass.



Like I always say, "We'll never be New Orleans," but usually when I say that it's in reference to the 2am last call.  Will our weather ever be truly bad in San Diego?  Probably not. 

But don't ask my backyard table.  She might still be a little sore on that subject.

:-P  Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment