Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Brainal Leakage


Hey, kids!  No, this blog isn't about Craig's List.  I just feel like giving you all "the skinny" on what's new in my life.
I'm not an insomniac anymore (knock on wood, if I believed wood knocking actually protected anything, ever).  That's good news.  Regular sleep patterns and whatnot.  For a while there, I was passing-out, and I mean no chance of staying awake, at 11:30pm but that's all gone now.  Hooray!
Have I been more productive now that my hours are more in-line with the living?  Not really.  I haven't touched any scripts that I was writing/rewriting.  I just haven't been inspired to.  Much like blogging, I gotta have some motive or muse.  Lately, it had been Craig's List.  I'm trying not to fall into any trends here (i.e. too many surveys, rants, pictures).  Script ideas haven't been making their way to my head though.  I've got time but I need inspirada.  Your suggestions or ideas are welcome but you all seem to lack the ability to even leave comments these days.  I'm not bitter, I'm just saying...
Along those lines, if you've ever got a story, or even just an idea (the metaphorical light bulb), send it my way.  Who knows what I can do with it!  Really!  Seriously, I hope I will.  I give credit to people.  Ask anyone.  I thank everybody.  It's what I do.  People said, "Hey, look here," when I was location scouting my filmie and guess whose names ended up in the credits?  Was it yours?  Well, get to work then.  Plus, if you learned one thing from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, it's that ideas equal money at some point.  That's green in your pocket, my friends.  I could've sold cars with this stuff I'm saying.  Or hell, write stuff!  Save me the step.  When I read, I see pictures and when I see pictures, I makes pictures.  Get it???  Awesome!
Hey, anyone interested in my golf game?  Probably not.  I didn't do too bad, by my standards.  I'm not making Tiger Woods sweat but I'll rodger that Michelle Wie, I will, I will!  When she's legal, of course.  My swing came back fairly nicely, and quickly too.  And I can really put a wollup (spelling?) on the ball.  It's awe-inspiring really.  It never ceases to surprise me how good it feels to hit a ball with a blunt object.  SCHPEEEOOOOOO!  And there it goes.  Nice.
So you feel as though you haven't lost your Aaron completely, I do have one commercial that I must complain about, for the good of the land.  Have you seen this Cox Cable commercial, where this guy's talking to the phone service dude about giving his number to "3 smokin' hot ladies" the previous night?  And he asks the phone dude the odds of them all calling at the same time and jamming up the line.  Phone dude says, "One in a billion."  Doofus says, "So you're saying there's a chance!"  Yeah, that one.
First off, the punchline (and I think we all know this) is a complete ripoff of aDumb and Dumber joke.  Lloyd says the line to Mary Swanson, when she tells him the lottery-like odds that she'd ever date him.  I know, I know, if you're gonna ripoff a movie line, it's best to rip off a classic.  I'm sure the line's been said elsewhere too but this is the most recent, popular example (D & D).  Ripoffs are bad, worse when they don't induce a laugh the second time.  Shame on Cox (hehe, cocks).
Secondly, could the lonely doofus in the commercial be any less informed about the 3-day-rule?!  No one calls the day after.  This is world-renowned stuff.  It's code.  It's life.  Even the most pathetic cock-nozzle (coined this term!) knows that.
My conclusion is simple: Cox Cable is insulting our intelligence.  They're not the first company to do it, they won't be the last but I cannot sit idly by while someone even snickers at this commercial.  I can't do it.  It is my calling. 
Wait, hang on, my phone's ringing... Oh.  It's the jerk store and they want meback.  Well, I guess the jokes on me then.  Goodnight!  :-P  Pbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment