Thursday, January 25, 2007

Well Played, Trebek


Hey, kids.  I'm a little miffed this evening.  See, I was going to take the Jeopardy! test online tonight.  Everyone in the Pacifict Timezone was supposed to take it at 8pm.  I thought it was just like registering for classes, where you can do it at your leisure as long as it's after the stated time.
So I was watching tonight's episode of the backwards game show and I was killing the contestants ('cause I'm kind of a genius), when my stomach started to "talk to me."  I held out till the end of Double Jeopardy and when I saw that the Final Jeopardy category was The Middle Ages, I decided it would be a good bet that I wouldn't know it and so I went "off the grid."
I won't suffer you with the details of that but, needless to say, I could have had more fun being shot out of a cannon at an angry oncoming elephant seal.
I was well aware that it was close to 8pm but like I said, I wasn't worried.
So by the time I was "in playing shape," it was about 8:05.  I walked slowly and confidently to the computer, went to Jeopardy.com, and attempted to log in.
"THE TEST EVENT IS OVER."
What the fuck?!
I tried again.  Same result.  WHAT THE FUCK?!
After a quick read-thru of the finer print, that does not appear on the main test page, I see that the test took place at 8pm and only at8pm.  This being the Pacific Timezone meant that it was the last timezone that they were testing and of course, it was also the last test of the period.  This all meaning that there is no other test for the remainder of the year.
Well, fuck me.
So that sucks.  It's certainly not the end of the world and even a passing test score didn't guarantee you a spot on the show but the fact that I had been waiting for it, only to miss it by a deuce, pretty much blows.  Add to that, all other NBC Shows of their "Comedy Night Done Right(yuck yuck, assholes)" were repeats.
Fuck you, Merv Griffin.  Fuck you up your stupid ass.
No-Five.    :-P  Pbbbbbbth(and that's all you get)!

No comments:

Post a Comment