Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Cum Laude?! Say What???

Hey, kids! I know it's been a few days since I blogged but hey, screw you for counting! Anywhoo, I haven't had much to say other than, "Go away, you damned cold!" and "I wish I could sleep, like back in the olden days (of 2 weeks ago even)."

I've been sick as a dog. I don't know where that phrase comes from. Anybody? Since when were dogs analogous for illness? Did I miss Sick Dogs Remembrance Day or something? Oh well. It started with a sore throat on Friday morning and progressed to the usual stuffyheaded, congested, runny nosed nonsense that I know we all love. It's definitely better today but not completely gone. A day or two more hopefully.

Before any semblance of this cold showed up though, and possibly the cause now that I think about it, is this weird insomnia I've been suffering from. It's not that I can't sleep at all. It's just that I was used to going to bed at 2am pretty much every night and all of a sudden, I can't fall asleep till the sun has already come up. Seriously. I'd almost never seen the sun come up until this week. It's really lame, if you were still wondering.

It's kind of like the movie, Phenomenon. I've read 2 books this week. I haven't learned to speak Portugese yet but it may end up on my "to do" list if this keeps up. I hope not. The Portugese are like gypsies (kidding, Erica)!

I've also set 3 new record high scores in Tetris Worlds for the GBA (that's GameBoy Advance, it's like regular GameBoy, except not for retards). 311 lines and up to level 12 last night is the high. I don't want to be this good. I just am. But I'd much rather sleep.

On the good news front, I checked my final semester grades and got straight A's... again. It's kind of boring when you do it all the time. Hehe, that's kind of dirty but probably true as well. I'll probably make the Dean's List... again. That'll make 8 out of 11 semesters. Yawn. It shot my GPA up to 3.60, which means I'll be graduating Cum Laude. Please, start writing your jokes now. I expect to read them promptly. "School-Five! *snap*" With all these stats, no wonder I love baseball so much (I accidently typed "babes" at first, also true).

I also will be graduating "With Distinction" from the Television, Theatre, and Film department. I hope that translates into "badass filmmaker, destined to make millions, and marry a sweet gal with a pretty face... *ahem* and a huge rack."

No, no, I said with a pretty face, Jen. I am SOoo kidding it's ridiculous here. There will always be place in my heart for you, right next to glazed donuts and the movie, Teen Wolf.

Okay. So enough with that nonsense! So this week's a mixed bag, kids. Some good, some bad. Till next we meet. High-Five! :-P Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment