Saturday, December 30, 2006

"Wrap It Up, A.B.!"

Hey, kids! Well 2006 is almost over so I figure it's a good time to get all nostalgic before I forget everything that happened. I also find that people really love award shows, so thanks to Aussie Stu for providing the format, I give you the 2006 Aaron Awardz (that's right, with a "Z"):

1) DRINKING BUDDY OF THE YEAR (since I don't drink, these are just buddies)
the nominees are...
-Gerry
-Isaiah
-Butch
-Erik
and the winner is...Butch!
That was pretty predictable. Everybody's just gotta work harder. Call me, bitches!

2) LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (not sure what kind of "service" this refers to, so I'm gonna say it means MySpace Friend I've known the longest)
and the nominees are...
-Omar
-Merilynn
-Rica
-Chrissy (disqualified 'cause we're family)
and the winner is... Rica!
Since 2nd grade, Rica has been 2nd to none. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that pun.

3) NEWCOMER AWARD - NEWEST FRIENDS
and the nominees are...
-Jamaal
-Erik
-Doug
-Paul Cohen
and the winner is... Clay-Beaux!
Erik is everywhere. If not at checkout, he's on your film set rocking your sound gear. STOLEN!

4) MOST LOYAL FRIENDS?
I'm getting tired of figuring out the nominees. The winners are Butch, Merilynn, Isaiah, Gerry, Amanda M., Jamie, and Dan C. If I had to go to war, this'd be my squad. We'd probably all die but that'd be okay, I guess...?

5) HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR?
My final filmie getting genuine laughs at the Film Festival. I couldn't have expected better.

6) LOW POINT OF THE YEAR?
The stress of it all. This year has appropriately the most trying of my 24. Sleep has been premium. Also, getting dumped twice (TWICE!!!) isn't fun. Damn, bitches.

7) BEST HOLIDAY?
My birthday weekend was pretty damned kickass. Christmas was also very groovy as usual.

8) ANTHEM FOR 2006?
The various songs that have been on my profile. I can't list them all, nor can I remember them all. You get the point though. They aren't chosen lightly.

9) ANY REGRETS?
Holding my tongue when I should've really let people "have it." Sometimes diplomacy is lamer than yelling and calling someone names that they deserve to be called.

10) BEST NIGHT OUT?
Halloween. "Turk, J.D., J.D., Turk..."

11) WORST NIGHT OUT?
New Year's Eve '05 after it became January 1st '06. Stood up and stuck outside a club as the ball dropped. Fucking awful. One of the worst nights of my life. Damned bitch...

12) WHO DID YOU SPEND YOUR VALENTINES WITH?
My... self, as always.

13) BEST RELATIONSHIP?
The ones with my friends.

14) WORST RELATIONSHIP?
Remember that heartwarming New Year's story I just told? Yeah,that one.

15) GAME OF THE YEAR?
The entire Cardinals post-season. They shocked the world. And me. Ye-ah!

16) HAVE YOU CHANGED A LOT IN THE LAST YEAR?
I've learned a ton, both through failure and mistakes. The fact that I continue to learn keeps it positive. I don't know if I've changed much beyond that.

17) WHAT IS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT THING YOU LEARNED IN 2006?
To stand up for what I believe. If I'm being treated shitty, call it out. If I'm directing and something isn't quite working, call it out, it's my show in the end.  Also, ask for help.  You never know who can help you hugely.

18) RESOLUTION FOR NEXT YEAR?
I don't make resolutions. I'm just gonna try to do the things I need to do. I've got a lot ahead of me now. I mean, life and shit! I need to lose some lbs. (pronounced "lubs") for sure.

19) CD OF THE YEAR?
I'm way behind actual release dates but the nominees are...
-"Stadium Arcadium" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
-"Let's Ride Bikes" by Adam Powell
-"A Beautiful Lie" by 30 Seconds To Mars
and the winner is... "Let's Ride Bikes" by Adam Powell!
It's so good, I made it the soundtrack to my filmie. Adam Rocks!

20) FAVOURITE DRINK OF THE YEAR?
Diet Orange Sunkist. Kiss my ass, you drunkies.

21) MOST STUPID IDEA WHEN DRUNK?
I don't have those.

22) BEST HANGOVER OF THE YEAR
Zero.

23) FIRST GIG OF THE YEAR?
Directing "Boundaries"...? It wasn't exactly a professional gig but it was an experience. Erik, Jamaal, Priscilla, and Isaiah can vouch for that. No lights, no rehearsal, shitty camera. It's what dreams were made of.

24) LAST GIG OF THE YEAR?
-Directing "Fred's Friend," my filmie. I wrote the sucker in '04 and finally got it made, through much trial and tribulation. Y'all know about it, y'all read about it. All's well that ends well, I hope.

25) BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR?
Casting Josh as Fred in the filmie. It was a tough decision but I haven't regretted it once. Along the same lines, having Isaiah DP the project was also key. Filmie looks good, 'nuff said.

26) WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR?
Moving to L.A., making movies/TV on some level, not die, and maybe meet a lady. That oughta be enough for 1 year.

27) DOUCHE(S)/TWAT(S) OF THE YEAR?
Douches- Jesse Sotelo, Jack Johnson (it just needs to be said), President Bush and the like, Mission Beach PD, the bouncers at the Tavern, that fuckin' Marine who spilled his drink in my lap at Moondoggy's (ARGH!!!), Jeremy at the TFM group, Thomas Harris, Chris Bennett, Jen (kidding!), Mike Matusow, T.O., Donald Trump, and that's all I can think of for now (may be updated later).

Twats- Crazy bitches.

28) QUOTE THAT BEST SUMS UP THE YEAR
"You live, you learn, and hopefully, you don't get the clap."-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment