Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Concerto: Jimmy Eat World

This past Sunday I went to see Jimmy Eat World (J.E.W.) at Cox Arena. They totally kicked ass. This is true, I wouldn't lie. I'm like George Washington in that way. Except I have all my teeth and I don't plan on dying of syphilis.

Having said that, J.E.W. opened the show with a song off of their album Clarity, which I thought was classy. They could've have opened with a more current radio hit but no. Respek! On stage they had a shitload of TVs that would play pretty random images, which was cool. Every now and then there would be a girlie on the screen, which is always good-times. They played a pretty rockin' set with songs from all 4 of their albums. They played all of my favorite songs (track 2 on each album). Thanks guys!

I'd have to say that I probably felt more comfortable rockin' out at this show then I ever have. Not sure why that was. Maybe just my love for the band, man (tear).

About the opening acts:

Mates of State: They're a husband and wife duo, where the husband plays the drums and the wife plays the keyboards. They sing these falsetto harmonies that at first sounded good (first song, I mean) and then just sounded like two cats fighting. As Jen so aptly put it, "At least when two cats are fighting, one of them eventually dies!" She had to scream, it was loud in there, people. The wife sure was rockin' out though. I had fun impersonating it but I fear I can't do it again without watching her do it simultaneously. Come back Mates of State! If only for my ridicule!

Taking Back Sunday: This band fucking sucks. How in the hell these guys ended up with A. a record deal and B. shared top billing for this concert is beyond me. All they did was scream the choruses. It was like Linkin Park except taller. But still shitty. The lead singer kept taking the microphone and twirling it around like a lasso and then letting it wrap around his neck. I kept hoping for it to put an eye out. It was one of those groups that you feel is artificially posing on stage. The lead singer was always bending at the waist like he was giving everything he had to what can't be described as high notes, as that would mean it was music he was singing. They should change their name to Making Bad Music and do us all a favor. They suck and if you're a fan of them, Go Fuck Yourself!

Luckily, as I semi-stated earlier, J.E.W. made it all better when they played, otherwise, I may have shot myself. With what gun you ask? Wouldn't you like to know? Seriously, then tell me cause I have no idea. Oh, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment