Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Candle Blower


Hey, kids!  I've been thinking for the last hour or so that when I blew out my birthday candles on Thursday night, I didn't wish for anything.  I just went blank.  Not even the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man came to mind.  So I'd like to make a wish right now for anyone reading beyond my Ghostbusters reference.
I wish to meet a woman.  A simple girl really.  A woman who means what she says and says what she means.  A girl that not only loves to laugh, but lives to laugh.  A girl with enthusiasm and passion, who is creative and practical.  A woman who surprises me but doesn't keep me guessing.  When something is wrong, she lets me know because she knows that I care and therefore want to know.  She does the little things, as will I, and we would do the big things together (hehe, dirty).  A woman who is an optimist and a realist and a skeptic and an idealist.  A girl who always wants more but knows how to cherish the stuff most take for granted.  A woman who is unafraid of who she is or the things she thinks.  If she wants something, she asks, and she's specific.  She finds adventure in the ordinary and makes the boring extraordinary.  A woman who will love me for who I am and helps me grow.  A woman who can sit and have a great time doing nothing.  She doesn't shy from taboo subjects because she knows that talking never hurts.  She doesn't look to a creator for comfort because she knows that support is found at home and within.  And finally, a woman who earns it and shares it with those special to her.
Yep, that's pretty much my wish.  I'm not desperate to find her but I look forward to meeting her.
Of course, now that I've written my wish out as a blog, it's not going to happen as is the nature of wishes.  Oh... Yeah.  :-P  Pbbbbbbbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment