Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Second Helping


Hey kids!  Time for some more thoughtsies.
- I don't like the term, "bitch slapped."   For some reason, it seems redundant.  Or that it's too many words to say something so simple.  Plus, there's really no difference between a bitch slap and a pimp slap, so why make the distinction?
- I hate the phrase, "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas."  It's SOoo fucking cliche.  We get it, we know it, it goes without saying.  I think anyone who says it now is too lame to do anything worth re-telling anyway.  People who say it seem to think they're so clever for pulling the phrase out too.  It's ridiculous.  It's a commercial, it's a slogan.  What's next, during conversation someone throws out, "Plop-plop Fizz Fizz?!" 
- I really am pretty sick of pirates at this point.  They've become goofy caricatures of what they used to be, dudes who would cut your nuts off for gold!  There is no pirate code.  You can't say parlay and expect them to not thrash you.  And I highly doubt there were any midget pirates.  Disney has turned Sir Francis Drake into Captain Crunch.  It's lame.  Can't wait for part 3 though!!!
- School starts on Monday.  Boooooooooooooo!
- I was flipping channels last night and I saw that the show Next was on.  So like everyone else who watches the show, I stayed tuned to see if any of the contestants were hot.  The answer was no.  But what disturbed me more was that the girl that was being vied for made this dude wear some ridiculous cowboy clothes.  And that got me thinking.  We guys will do a lot of stupid shit for a chance at less the $100 or a date.  Think about it.  It's not just guys, I mean, when you think about the stupid shit we all do at our jobs for less than $100, there's some perspective. 
But it seems more like a guy's going to jump through worse hoops than a girl would.  Maybe that has something to do with our hormones, I don't know.  It's easy to see that some people on the show just want to win at all costs, no matter what the prize, but I find this to be somewhat representative of real life.  I'm sure my male readers can think of some dumb stuff they've done for a date or on a date, that wasn't their idea, so they could get another date or more...
It's a little degrading but then again that goes for anyone, not just dudes.  (I find it appropriate to pause here and tell you that I just beat my dog in a staring contest.  Yay!)  I know I've seen a few movies that I didn't really want to see.  The Watcher with Keanu Reeves, Bless the Child (Oy...), and The Art of War.  I guess if you like the company enough, or at least you think you do, you'll sit through some things, no matter how painful. 
But Next is about people as they meet for the first time.  That makes the acts seems a little more extreme, don't they?  But what do I know?  I'd kill to go seeThe Watcher with somebody I adore, today even.  And I highly doubt that she would say, "Next!"  So there. *sticks tongue out*
- Anyone else loving the World Series of Poker?  Well, I am. 
- I'm running out of things to say.  Any good writer will let you know when this starts to happen.  I think Poe ended his last poem (Poe:Poem, coincidence?) that way, and then promptly died in a gutter.  "So at least I've got that goin' for me."   :-P  Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment