Friday, January 13, 2006

Hey Now! I'm an All-Star!


Hey there, kiddies!  I just finished the last game with Team STEVE.  That's coed-softball for, at times, the greatest softball team ever.  Here are my season stats:
.935 ba -That's batting average for you neophites.  It means I got a hit 95% of the times I swung the bat.  20/21.  It's pretty spectacular, no matter how slow the pitching is.  I was batting 1.000 (which is perfect) until my first at-bat of the final game but I popped up weakly and the pitcher caught it.  :-(
.965 obp -That's on-base-percentage, kids.  It means I got on-base 96% of the times I came up to bat, by either getting a hit, taking a walk, or reaching base on an error.  27/28.  Also very awesome.
19 Runs Scored -This is fairly straight forward.  I scored 19 runs in 9 games.  When you consider that I am a leadoff hitter, this is further intensified.  My job is to get on-base and to score runs.  I did that and then some.
12 RBI -These are runs batted in.  This is when somebody is on-base and I'm at-bat and they score as a result of what I did at the plate.  It's a pretty damn good total considering where I bat in the order.  I got 5 RBI in one game, which is pretty slick.
4 Doubles -There could have been more of these.  Usually when I get a single, I hustle down to first and see if I can make it to 2nd base.  There were a few times where I remember I held up because I took too long to think about it.  It's not a bad total though, I've just had more before.
1 Triple -This one exists because of hustle and technicality.  What happened was, I earned the triple and then heard somebody from my team say to go for home.  So I went for it, nearly fell down after tripping at third and was thrown out easily.  Se la vi, but I still earned the triple.
1 Homerun -This one I'm proud of because not only was it our team's first at-bat of the game but I also earned it with my speed and aggressiveness.  I didn't, by any means, hit this ball over any fence.  I hit it to the right-centerfielder, he had trouble with it, and I just kept on running, like a gazelle.  Boo-yah.  Boy, was I dead tired afterwards though.  Nearly coughed up a lung.
So that was my Fall 2005 Season as player/manager of the infamous Team STEVE.  We finished up 4-6 but we're headed to the playoffs next week as the 4th seed out of 4.  Nobody expected it and nobody'll see us coming, while we're kickin' their asses!  ;-P Pbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment