Friday, June 17, 2005

Every cowboy sings a sad sad blog...


Update on situation with girl from Islands (see I blog, therefore I am).
I called her the Friday before Memorial Day and got her voicemail.  She was probably working.  I left a message with my number.
I wait.
I juggle with whether or not to call again on Memorial Day.
I wait.
I call the day after Memorial Day around 12:30 pm-ish.  She answers, we have a brief exchange and she seems happy to hear from me.  It sounds like she may be at work, so I ask if she's busy.  She says she's on the other line with her dad and asks if she can call me back in 20 minutes.  I say sure.
I wait.
I go play softball.
I call her again at 10:30 after having heard nothing.  I suspect that maybe because of the call waiting my number didn't get stored on her phone.  She answers and again we have a brief exchange.  She apologizes for not calling me back and says her phone said "Private Number".  It's weird but plausible.  Suddenly, a guy yells from the background.  Not good.  He says something like, "Come back to the party."  We continue to talk somewhat menially about nothing in particular.  The background noise gets a little rowdier.  She asks if she can call me back because her friends are giving her shit and she doesn't want to be rude.  I say okay and give her my phone number.
Haven't heard from her since.

No comments:

Post a Comment