Tuesday, June 6, 2006

The Mark of the Beast


Hey kids!  Well, if you haven't noticed, or it hasn't been shoved down your throat by some quasi-know-it-all, today is 6/6/06.
666, get it?
And I find it more than fitting that, of all days, it's Election Day.
And I'm glad.  I am so tired of all the commercials and today marks the day that they will finally end.  The logical fallacies released in those ads make me quite angry.  What's worse is some people actually believe what they hear in those ads.  Or do they?  I don't want to underestimate my fellow Americans but afterall, look who was elected to run this nut-house.
I didn't vote today.  Again.
I just don't care.  There's nothing on the ballot that affects my life.  I want my congressman to be re-elected cause I think he's a good dude but if he doesn't, will anybody notice?  Probably not.
You can call me what you want for not voting, I could care less.  The process is broken, the system is useless.  You make your own breaks in life, for the most part.  And the things that really need fixing, aren't on the ballot, ever. 
Ending poverty and homelessness: Not on the ballot.  There's no money in it.
But they want 4 year olds in preschool?  Oh yeah, that'll fix us.  Let kids be kids.  I turned out alright.
In the meantime, we should all just try to be nice to each other.  That's my advice.  We're in this together, and the government ain't in it with us.  Also, avoid Walmart if you can. 
Now, being that it is 6/6/06, I'm gonna go prance around my living room wearing red horns.  Just for a minute, just to see how it feels...
:-P  Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment